Monday, December 27, 2010


I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas. Here in Kentucky it was cold but woke up to a beautiful snow. It is still snowing a little now and then and still cold, BUT the perfect time to start letting all my creative ideas get going. This year I already have lots of ideas running through my brain!!! Went to fabulous Antiques Market in Atlanta over the holidays and bought some wonderful vintage ribbons in every shade of sherbets imaginable. NOT sure what to do with it but it made me feel happy. Maybe tags for my paintings, maybe for collages, who know maybe some new jewelry ideas will pop into my head.
I have so many new ideas I want to try. Finished a 8' x 8' Barn Quilt for the cutest gentleman for his wife's surprise for Christmas. She is a master quilter and has always wanted one. I was very honored to be able to do it for him AND complete it by Christmas. It was a little stressful trying to get it completed - went to Atlanta to visit my mother who is not doing well during the time I had allowed for painting. BUT I did get get it finished and in plenty of time. I hope to have a photo of it hanging on their barn to post soon.
Now that I have my work schedule figured out and finally in some type of routine- I plan on getting LOTS done this year !!!
It has been a LONG year, lots of heartaches in our family. We have lost a horse this year and also our family dog, Chloe that we have had for many years. We have seen my mother decline rapidly over the past year and is continue to decline.
We also have had a very exciting year with the addition of our new granddaughter - Lila. She is absolutely perfect and beautiful. I am sure there will be lots of stories that will include her also in the near future.
Thank you for all my followers this year and I hope that this next year will be more exciting than ever. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL

No comments:

Post a Comment